Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our First Week

Our first week of home school was great. I am falling more and more in love with the home school life everyday. The kids seem to really be enjoying it too and it is such a joy for me to be with them watching them learn. I wonder why we didn't do this sooner?

I feel the need to clarify my last post a little. I worry that it may seem judgemental. That was not my intention at all. I do not judge people who do not home school. That is a very personal decision that each family must make on their own. The reason that passage jumped out at me so much is that when we decided to home school, I worried that we would be judged. I worried that people would label us as overprotective, narrow minded or sheltering our children too much. When I read this book, that passage just really resonated within me. It really reinforced what we were feeling. I guess if I had to paraphrase that passage on my own I would want to say:

"You home school because it is okay to want to guard your children against... etc.,etc."

Thanks for hearing my heart,and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

~Elizabeth~

No comments:

Post a Comment